Best clothing find I've ever had.

I got this coat for only £3. Yeah I know it's a bargain. One I couldn't believe the price tag. It was once from Topshop. A brand I know well and is a great high street shop.
Seeing this coat a uk size 6 that's rare to find, I snapped it up. (US size 2, yeah I'm tiny)
Now you're wondering where I found such a bargain.
At a car boot sale.





It seems to be super smart and cozy. I decided to wear it one Christmas period outing to London.
The fact it's black adds to the smartness but the front buttons equally appear chic too.

The fact it came from a car boot sale doesn't put me off at all. It's second hand but, you can tell the quality is great. Knowing the shop it came from helps guarantee you have a good purchase. Please don't get put off going to a car boot sale. It's a lot of searching and walking around different stalls.  However, amongst the tat there really are some gems to be found.

The actual coat
Usually most of the clothing is children's styles. If you happen to live in an area where there is one locally happening regularly it's worth going often to scout for deals. Or if you're on vacation you can look out for car boot sales and markets. Often countries have adorable seasonal markets where budget gifts can be found.
Don't be shy to haggle either. I didn't when buying this coat as I found £3 a steal. Generally you can get money off left right and center.
So, If you're on a low budget and don't mind 2nd hand, try looking around the stalls.

As for my coat here is how I've styled it:
For these clothes above check out the polyvore set: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=220251544
outfit casual:
I paired coloured jeans with a pink plaid shirt. Then layered a light sweater on top. I match the colours in the shirt with the girly head band. Also in the owl pendant. For comfort of this casual number, I paired some black ankle boots. Altogether it has has a sweet charm about it.

outfit party:
This look is very feminine. The lace dress is delightful. It's not too pattened so a bold statement necklace makes it great for parties. I also added floral stud earrings. An extra sweet touch. A much warmer alternative to heels are boots. I matched the colour of the dress to these lace up ones. This look has an angelic feel about it.

outfit smart: 
This is how I dressed for smart occasions. I paired a body con dress in a dark shade with thin heel boots. (I couldn't find one like the one I have. As you might be able to see in London photo my dress has white spots on it).
A patterned bodycon dress is more inviting than plain. For a chic decoration I put a flower clip in my hair. Mine matched the purple chunky scarf I wore for warmth in winter coldness. For warmer days a floaty silk scarf works well. Then for bit of jewlery to end the look I picked classy gold stud earrings.
This look has a chic creative feel about it.

outfit weekend: 
Here I matched a red skater skirt to a thin cardigan of same colour. Skater skirts I find are super flattering and give you great shape. I wore mine with a stripe top and loafers. Loafers are comfortable and hardwearing for walking a lot of busy weekend outings. Loafers offer more support than a ballet flat. For a bit of sparkle I added gold drop earrings. The red and black outfit is a classic feminine combo. This outfit has a chic french vibe about it.

p.s. hope this inspires you to check out car boot sales and local markets. Happy hunting deals.

-Stephanie x

Comments

  1. all those outfits you made are so cute and i would totes wear em like they are but add some details to them to make em my own but this is crazy cute stuff girl yasss!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to wear white jeans

ugly argyle for modern?

Neat trick to save money shopping